Friday 13 November 2015

Love at First.... Crushed Sage

Have you ever looked and thought.....

I wonder how beautiful I can make you look?? 

When you see a piece of furniture that clearly has had its time here or has seen better days, don't give it another thought on painting! 

Give yourself a plan, colour scheme and go!!




Getting Started....
If your first piece is a chair, you will want to give your piece and little wipe down and begin! 
To make your project easier turn your chair upside down and start painting, starting with the legs...

When I saw this little beauty I knew "she" was going to look fabulous in the Chalky Patina colour Crushed Sage....and here I started.... the colour went on in just one coat and a touch up second coat.
Once I was done I was ready to let the magic happen with the reupholstering of the seat cover!  



I decided to change this fabric with the thought that this piece could go in a makeup vanity area, accent piece in bedroom or a little girls room. So what better to do then to pick a fabric with some pinks and green. 
  • first you'll want to measure and cut 
I always start with a single staple in the centre of each side and then work my way out. 



Here is what it looks like all stapled on the one side...

For the corners, you'll want to pull the centre of the corner first, then ease the folds and make sure its symmetrical on both sides...




When pulling the fabric make sure its not too tight...
And voila! She's done, and she looks beautiful!

And now…
one of my favorite things to do, distressing!!

Once you paint has completely dried and your sand paper is in your hand, you are ready to let the true magic happen!

Distress to your hearts content, as much or as little you like!

I always love enhancing the lines and details of the piece of furniture i am doing...



See the beautiful edges come through...

Now that the chair is completely distressed its time for the colour Crashed Sage to come to life, she's ready for Beeswax. Beeswax helps bring out the colour along with protecting the furniture!


  • apply with a clean brush in circular motion all over the chair
  • it will feel tacky 
  • using a cotton cloth or rag polish the beeswax in 
  • once the tackiness is gone it will feel like butter and you are done!




Love at first sight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment